Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Latest movie


So tonight I went with my friend Todd to see Good Night, And Good Luck.

Verdict? Excellent.

It was visually stunning, I love black & white cinematography. Well-acted all around. They didn't try to impose modern filmed actors into archival footage, a mistake too many movies try to do - instead they made excellent use of the archival footage without spoiling it. It really makes you think about the current state of affairs, which I'm sure was Clooney's intent, besides that of telling a great story. Put this one back-to-back with Syriana, and there's no doubt about Clooney's opinions.

After I got home, instead of going to bed I watched a bit of TV - The Colour Purple was on. I sobbed like a little baby, again. I remember seeing it in the theatre with my Mum - she's tough as nails, and I remember she cried too.

So now I'm drained. I'm just glad no one can see me right now, I'm one of those people who really looks like they've been crying after they've been crying. Gah.

Also, on another note, I need to read Good Omens again. Anyone know where my paperback copy is? I'm gonna have to read my hardcover copy...

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check that film out!

    Yikes! Has your Good Omens gone traveling? I'm down to just my hardcover, I'm going to have to see if I can hunt down another paperback to keep around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can't find it anywhere, so I'm onto the hard cover again *grin*

    ReplyDelete

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.