Thursday, June 01, 2006

An odd week

Yep, it's been odd.

Ágætis ByrjunThe Kick InsideThat sore throat really came into its own on Monday and Tuesday. With the humidity what it's been this week, my sleep is all screwed up and I'm exhausted. Two nights of overtime, and a couple of huge projects that took over my week and have left my task list HUGE with things that I've had to bump around and reschedule.

BUT

The Real RamonaDefinite ArticleI did have a good evening Wednesday at the stitch & bitch, and Heather B and I saw a fantastic lightning chain as we came up out of the subway, which always makes me happy. I'm still working on that blue & purple shrug, I still can't wrap my brain around my cable scarf, it's still too busy at work and my brain doesn't want any confusion. Add to those two projects the stupidly long tube I'm making with my old knitting toy to make a huge rug, and it adds up to TOO MANY PROJECTS!

indiepop 1My monthly trip to Sonic Boom was more than fruitful - I ended up with five CDs but that was whittled down from something like 20, which is just frustrating (I'm having to hold myself down from going back tomorrow!) This month's haul: Sigur Rós (Ágætis Byrjun), Kate Bush (The Kick Inside), Throwing Muses (The Real Ramona), Eddie Izzard (Definite Article) and a Rough Trade Shops collection (indiepop 1) that cost twice as much as I usually spend there, but it's so worth it...

Who Pub afterwards was good too, folks I've never met showed up, as well as some who have been absent for too long - although I stayed way later than I should have (Andrew, you know whose fault that is). As a result, today I have been SO TIRED, I've been able to do my work but I've felt really draggy all day.

X-Men: The Last StandBut my friend Danny was home from Seattle and in town today, so after work I went to meet him, his brother and their respective ladies for dinner at Salad King (take note, those in the know: Danny had the 20-chili spice and survived!), after which we went for a nice long walk and saw X-Men III at the Paramount.

My verdict: well, it's a bit hard for me to explain. I mean, I liked it, I enjoyed the story, but it didn't really grab me in any way. I don't think I'm going to need to see it again. I can't put my finger on the reason why though, I mean, they didn't have Bryan Singer directing this one, but there must have been more to it than that, surely?

Oh, and did I mention how much it freaks me out that it's already June?

Ugh... so tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.