Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Way too obvious, Cineplex.

via Meme Generator
So I noticed about a month or so ago that the size of the concession stand drinks has changed, but the price has not. I just made the assumption they were after more money and left it at that.

This morning on my commute I read an article about it in the Metro wherein the Cineplex spokesman claimed "people prefer smaller drinks." Um, people who want a smaller drink will, surely, purchase a smaller drink on their own, right?

But a moviegoer who asked at the theatre about the size change was told it was to meet with "Canadian law." Huh? What law is that? And when he pointed out there is no such law, the story suddenly changed to oh, there's "potential legislation" coming down the pipe. Which the actual spokesman says was "in error."

The legislation in question is the Ontario Healthy Choices Act, which will basically ensure proper caloric content labelling on food. Nothing at all to do with portion size.

Here's my thing - it's so beyond obvious here that they just want to make more money because people aren't coming to the theatre as much. Which has less to do with what's playing and more to do with how much it ALREADY costs to go see a movie. Around and around.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.