Saturday, August 08, 2015

Cottage day 8: not long now

Another lovely day - not quite as lovely as yesterday though, when we finally got enough sun for me to break out my bathing suit and sunbathe for a bit. I'm not absolutely fish-belly-white anymore! I wouldn't go so far as to call it a tan though.

Thursday night Bob and Karen came for a visit - they live here year-round and have helped T and his family for a long time helping to maintain the cottage. They're good folks and I missed seeing them on our trip last year as schedules did not allow for them to visit while I was here. They've invited us to come up to the camp today, we're waiting to see if the weather will hold and if they'll be around, as we don't want to navigate there blind! Karen promised a good old-fashioned fish fry if we make it, and suggested we just hunker down and stay overnight on the boat (so as to drink as uninhibitedly as possible, I suspect!) - the boat is set up for that, but I don't know if I want to sleep on it, considering every single fucking deerfly in the area camps out in it!

Lastnight was a particularly late night, we didn't eat dinner until after 10 so movie/tv watching took us past 5am - well, took me past 5am anyway, T stayed up later than I did. All I know is there was a lot of light streaming in my deck door when I went to bed, and the moon wasn't that bright lastnight!

Oh, also: my backup erasable pen ran out yesterday, so now I have to do my puzzles in proper ink. You can't be as bold when you know you can't erase mistakes! And I do realize that makes me sound like a granny.

Home in two days. Melancholy will set in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.