Wednesday, November 14, 2018

What’s your take?

My brother asked me: What's your take on this whole "Dr Hooters" thing?.....is Santa Claus now a woman?

Setting aside the unfortunate nickname, my response was:

Jodie Whittaker is amazing, she's doing a fantastic job. I have no problem at all with an alien who can completely replace thier entire cellular structure being able to switch genders, and we've seen it before with other timelords, so why not this one?

We have a crowded TARDIS again which I'm a big fan of, and we're finally starting to see some character development for her new companions.

The writing, however... they've been good stories, but with plot holes and some lazy writing. I put that down to the new showrunner, Chris Chibnall - he can be good, but he can also be godawful (case in point: Torchwood episode Cyberwoman).

Enjoying the season but hoping for the writing to improve.

I really love the opening credit sequence this season, and the opening theme would be PERFECT if the drums weren't quite so military.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.