Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hotness, the Dentist and Rugsucker Kolodny

Been pretty busy lately - darts is done for the season (I wasn't fabulous, but I held my own), T and I are caught up watching modern Dr Who (new series premieres at Easter, are you ready?), and the weather's been too beautiful to ignore!

Yes, it's getting gorgeous - although for some reason the HEAT is still on in my building and I can't turn it completely off, so the windows have been wide open for about a week now. Reflection of my own personal hotness? Perhaps.

The sunroom's properly enclosed now, so it's time to start making that room livable. I'd like to put down some click-together decking tiles, but I may have to settle for low-pile carpeting for now.

With the new weather and the soon-to-be-useful sunroom situations combined, it's time to get into Spring Cleaning mode... and I've discovered that Rugsucker Kolodny (my Roomba) is a little sick. He isn't holding a charge for very long, only a couple of minutes before he gives me the sad song - such a mournful sound to come from under the couch. I mean, I understand that he was packed up for a long time, but he didn't take this much charging when I first brought him home, and I'm sure he sat on the shelf for a long time then!

Had a work-related all-day seminar last week, which I'm still super excited about - it all actually related to what I do! And was stuff I didn't already know! And can be applied to specific projects! Seriously, that never happens. I'm such a nerd, I've been spouting off to anyone who will listen about it - so far, only one of them feels my joy *grin*.

A dear sweet friend is in visiting, and I want to spend time with him, so most of the things I need to do will just have to wait for a couple of weeks. Hopefully this weather will keep improving - the island is so lovely in the Spring, maybe we can go!

Oh, and irritatingly I need another filling, so tomorrow afternoon I shall feel like I have a fat lip. Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.