Sunday, March 31, 2013

Springtime with my folks

I spent this weekend with my parents, which is always nice.

What did we do? Not much really - watched a few movies. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is wonderful in just every way - put Judi Dench, Maggie Smith and Bill Nighy together and you have gold. 50 First Dates I saw in the theatre on its original run and I loved how sweet it was, so now whenever it's on I have to watch it. Pandorum isn't the best movie but it's definitely entertaining and has enough twists to stay interesting and Dennis Quaid is cool. The Reaping was... okay. I don't need to see it again.

Did my Mum's nails with my gel kit - I'm not really allowed to come home without it now, I've offered to get her a kit but I think the part she loves the most is that I'm doing it for her, so that's settled.

Ate some great food - anything my Mum makes is great, but especially dessert! Key lime pie and hummingbird cake this time, so much for my diet!

Went for a couple of nice long walks with my Dad, the weather was really lovely, we went along the canal both times, the ice is breaking up.

A local jewelry store is going out of business, it was pretty picked over but I found a sterling silver dartboard-and-dart charm for my bracelet, I've never seen one before so that's just perfect!

Watched Stompin' Tom and SNL on YouTube, introduced my parents to The Californians :)

Slept in too - just nice. To top it all off, I took the Go bus/train home and we arrived ahead of schedule, and I made it home before the rain started...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.