Thursday, September 29, 2016

Jawbone lack-of-customer-support

Left today on Jawbone's site:

July 28 I contacted Jawbone as my UP2 had developed a crack. I crazy-glued it together while waiting for a response.

When I hadn't had a response by August 17 I contacted them again. I received a response later that day saying a warranty exchange had been set up for me for my 'cosmetic issue' (not a cosmetic issue, an I'm going to lose my band 'cos it's going to fall off issue). Told to expect an email confirmation when package leaves their warehouse. So I waited. And waited.

September 14 I contacted them again. September 15 the band broke and fell off (luckily I was at my desk or I would have lost it). Crazy glued it again and contacted them again.

September 19th it broke and fell off a THIRD time. Crazy-glued again. Contacted them again, left as many WTF-type messages on various social media thinking it might force them to contact me.

September 22 I received an automated email 'checking on a case we have open' because they hadn't heard back from me (I'd responded like five times with there being no information) and they told me it had already been delivered on August 22. Never received any kind of email notification as promised - checked with my mail room and the loading dock for my building, they had received nothing, so I don't know where it was delivered but it certainly wasn't to me.

Later that day they let me know they were sending me yet another one - after I finally got them on the phone, after spending 90 minutes on hold the previous day before giving up (and the 'press one' thing didn't work).

Yesterday morning I called in and they told me it was on file as being delivered that day. So I finally received my replacement Jawbone UP2 tracker that afternoon.

Charged it lastnight, this morning I un-paired my cracked one and tried to pair the new one. Finally paired after 5 tries, then refused to do anything else. Went for a walk, didn't record it. No response lights, only when plugged in, and not the way they're supposed to show.

Fetched the cracked tracker that was being sent back from the mailroom and re-paired it.

THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT.

Over two MONTHS for a replacement and when it finally arrives it doesn't work. Believe me, I followed every diagnostic step on their website, every single one. No joy. Now the people I have spoken to on this journey through hell have all been very nice and all, but if i can't actually get assistance, what good is it?

We'll see if I hear anything. I'm not optimistic and I'm looking into options from different companies. I hear Fitbit is well-reviewed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.