Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quick movie post

Despicable MeDespicable Me
I saw this a week ago today. It was excellent. What? Details? Well, how about the fact that Gru banks at The Bank Of Evil (formerly Lehman Brothers). How about the stolen, cleverly-disguised Great Pyramid at Vector’s place. How about the guard shark. How about three adorable kids, who manage to be sweet without being saccharine. How about the boogie robots. How about the moon, looking so amazing at golf-ball size. How about the fact that Pixar now has SERIOUS competition! Three words, my friends: “Assemble the minions!”

InceptionInception
Saw this one tonight. Had a couple of drinks beforehand, and maybe I shouldn’t have because there’s a LOT of shit going on in this one. Seriously, the bible for this flick probably came in a six-volume set. Well acted by all (Joseph Gordon-Levitt, you never disappoint), with seamless effects (was that CGI, wirework or a trip on the Vomit Comet?) and maybe the last ever original idea, all tied up by a group of characters all integral to the action. So many ideas to keep track of, I’m going to have to see it again to make sure I got it all. What’s your totem?

7 comments:

  1. Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images
    on this blog loading? I'm trying to determine
    if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find a
    lot of your post's to be exactly I'm looking for. can you offer
    guest writers to write content for you? I wouldn't mind producing a post
    or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write about here.
    Again, awesome site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style is very unique in comparison to other people I have read stuff
    from. Many thanks for posting when you have the opportunity,
    Guess I'll just bookmark this page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does your website have a contact page? I'm having problems
    locating it but, I'd like to send you an e-mail. I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
    Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it develop over
    time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I blog frequently and I genuinely thank you for your content.
    This article has truly peaked my interest. I will book mark your website and keep checking for new information about once per week.
    I subscribed to your Feed too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there would you mind letting me know which web host you're utilizing?
    I've loaded your blog in 3 different internet
    browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
    Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at
    a reasonable price? Thank you, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web
    owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.