Sunday, March 05, 2006

March - isn't it Spring yet?

Since the Olympic closing ceremonies, my knitting speed has decreased but not died. I have made a new scarf, bought SO MUCH YARN and picked up a shrug I had started before the Olympics. So there.

This week was the March Who pub - so also my monthly trip to Sonic Boom. Made out like a bandit again - Skinny Puppy (12" Anthology), Death Cab For Cutie (We Have The Facts & We're Voting Yes), Delgados (Hate), Negativland (No Business), Mono Puff (It's Fun To Steal), and a various collection (John Peel's Festive 15). I'm so glad I only go once a month, I already have too many CDs.

And I need to stop buying so much. My roommate is going to be moving out soon so I'll have to carry the place myself. Which isn't so bad really, I can afford it, but only if I stop spending money so quickly.

So of course I'm going to order a new iMac this week. Well really, it is a need even more than it is a want, so I don't feel badly about it. Just going to feel the sticker shock - it's gonna be over $2000 for the one I'm getting. But if you consider I haven't bought a computer since about 1997, and that I haven't bought a NEW computer EVER, this will be a good thing.

Now I need to stop obsessing over that Nokia phone
that's $700. Especially since I'm actually still happy with my current phone.

Lastnight I went to see Tristram Shandy: A Cock & Bull Story. This was one cool movie - a movie about making a movie of a book that you can't make a movie of. Right there, that's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.