Sunday, April 22, 2007

A bit of a surprise!

Sorry, a couple of weeks have gone by, haven’t they?

Last Friday I went to see The Lookout with T and Xog & L, quite out of the blue. I must say, Joseph Gordon-Levitt has really been making excellent choices - this was awfully cool, I highly recommend it.

The next day I went to Bay-Bloor Radio for my Turntable Clinic appointment - this, btw, is very cool! Not only do they clean it for you, inside and out, but they also check the needle and outputs (ignore that they used Air Supply to test it, I’m trying to put that out of my mind) and rebalance the arm, and teach you how to do it while you’re there! Plus, you get to be behind the counter and look all impressive *grin* Later we went to Markham and I bought Mirrormask on DVD. Ah, Neil Gaiman, you’re my hero. We capped off the weekend watching Layer Cake on DVD, which was awfully cool - this must be the one flick they watched when deciding who would be the new Bond...

This week flew by, as it’s been insanely busy with one event or another at work, so it was Thursday before I knew it - L came in and we went for a nice little walk and ate at Mr Greenjeans - I was happy about that, actually, as I hadn’t been there in forever - and then walked home. It wasn’t until 5:30 in the morning that I realized something was wrong, my digestive system didn’t want to touch the food (indeed, it was all still sitting there like a rock in my stomach) and had decided everything needed to go. I thought I was okay to go to work though, so off I went - and by 10 I was in a clinic getting a shot of Gravol so I could hold down water. Yep, minor food poisoning. Won’t be going there again. Which meant I missed having dinner/drinks with friends on Friday.

Anyway, yesterday L brought me back up to Markham again and we had some friends over for the afternoon - I was a lot better by then, just a bit weak - and spent the weekend relaxing. And today we came back downtown, went for a nice long walk and went to see Hot Fuzz. Did you like Shaun Of The Dead? Then you’d like this! Hilarious! I may see it again!

I’m still feeling a bit weak and shakey, but I’m pretty good otherwise. Back to the grind tomorrow!

rescued from Draft purgatory

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.