Tuesday, July 24, 2007

They Might Be Giants at the Mod Club

Just got back from seeing They Might Be Giants at The Mod Club. What an excellent show!

Met with my long-lost friend LB, who I haven't seen since the store we ran at The Eaton Centre (Outback Jack, anyone remember that?) closed way back in 1996. Ah, the wonders of Facebook. She's still tons of fun. Also met up with M&D, who I also hadn't seen for a while. Also fun.

Okay, so the opening band was Young Rival. They were okay. Nothing fabulous, but a better opener than that stupid Fiction Plane were. More suited to the music style, more fun - not amazing, but pretty good.

Main Event: TMBG. What can I say? They were amazing! Played lots of stuff off the new album and lots of oldies, got a phonecall from the grave mid-show (Eleanor Roosevelt, I think), and actually played Fingertips, how wacky is that??? I bought a Music For Anteaters t-shirt at the show - I would have preferred a Mesopotamians shirt, but I think they had trouble getting stuff past customs or something. I still might order one from their site.

Oh, and the pix I took from the gig turned out amazing - visit my Flickr set to check 'em out!

- rescued from Draft purgatory -

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.