Friday, August 29, 2008

Canada’s Wonderland

So yesterday T and I went out to Canada’s Wonderland. That’s right, Paramount no longer owns it and their name has been stripped off. There are some pictures over on my Flickr page if you’re interested.

Downsides:
  • A number of rides had to be renamed - many of them were named after movies, in a shameless cross-promotion ploy.
  • The 3D theatre, instead of doing something cool like the James Bond or Jurassic Park (there’s that cross-promotion thing again), was playing a Spongebob Squarepants feature. Feh.
Upsides:
  • No ‘Paramount’ branding on everything.
  • Prices for most things at a reasonable level.
  • Discounted tickets from work.
  • Funnelcakes!
And, because I haven’t been in a while, there were lots of new rides to experience! Favourite: Back Lot Stuntcoaster (which used to be the Italian Job thing) - I loved the shock of it starting!

We spent the whole day working ourselves up to actually riding the Behemoth, but by the time we were ready the line was too long. Next time! We’ve promised ourselves that we’ll go early in the season next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.