Friday, December 12, 2008

Another facebook post: music

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 50 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Bold Strike out the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game, post it!
____

and my list - with instrumental, duplicate and spoken word entries edited out...

1. Talk to me, you never talk to me...
2. The general scratches his belly and thinks...
3. Eftur með gaddavír í kjaftinum sem blæðir mig...
4. The smart money’s on harlow and the moon is in the street...
5. Get ‘em out by friday, you don’t get paid ‘til the last one’s well on its way...
6. No brakes this time, i slit the line...
7. Where has that smile on your face gone? You laughed...
8. I’m so tired, of playing, playing with this bow and arrow...
9. My old desk does an arabesque in the mornings when I first rise
10. Stronger than reason, stronger than lies, the only truth i know...

11. Power is as power does, and everybody wants to feel that buzz...
12. See my life (i’ve been so tired), see myself (i’ve been uptight)...
13. My uncle has a country place, that no one knows about...
14. Blackbird singing in the dead of night...
15. O superman, o judge, o mom and dad...
16. Gazed into the visions of the night, seen the darkness fall...
17. I don’t want to work away, doing just what they all say...
18. Coming off the moon with my lady luck in haste...
19. Caution, to prevent electric shock do not remove cover, no user serviceable parts inside...
20. Les sanglots longs des violons, de l’automne...

21. Hey there little man, get out of my frying pan...
22. The time for talking’s over now, I guess it’s time to let you go...
23. You cannot go against nature, because when you do go against nature, it’s part of nature too...
24. Every day she wakes up, her life will be a movie...
25. So this ain’t the end, i saw you again today, i had to turn my heart away...
26. With the money from her accident she bought herself a mobile home...
27. Can i touch you to see if you’re real, ‘cos in nothing there’s something i feel...
28. Adam lay ibounden, bounden in a bond, foure thousand winter thought he not too long...
29. You can tell me anything, you are a true exception in my life...
30. Feeling so innocent, despite this room of jaded overtones...

31. Tu pourras faire c’que tu veux quand du n’s’ras plus un morveux...
32. I define my heart and soul in all these little things...
33. Joseph was traveling with a heavy load, his dreams were broken and deep sorrow flowed from his brow...
34. We ain’t going to the town, we’re going to the city...
35. Three wasted years standing still as you opened up, 18 miles wide on this country drive...
36. I know you know what you know but you should know by now that you’re not me...
37. The spark in his eye was a sign he was alive, i cleaned his feet to be complete...
38. Hello, I’m the guy who sits next to you and reads the newspaper over your shoulder...
39. So i ran faster, but you caught me here, yes my loyalties turned like my ankle in the seventh grade...
40. Cold and alone in the vinyard he lies...

41. And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack...
42. Day by day, the welcome blow of yesterdays and no tomorrow...
43. One person calls someone to pour the water, because it takes two to pour the water...
44. As i glanced once upon the foam forty feet beneath my feet...
45. One day you feel quite stable, the next you’re coming off the wall...
46. Look at the way they’re walking, all these people around are givin’ me looks...
47. Gozen jyuu-ji, sukoshi sugi bathtub ni hitoribotchi, mada kyou wa nani hitotsu yotei wa nai kedo...
48. No sense, no style, i said i loved you for a little while...
49. They tried to make me go to rehab, i said no no no...
50. Pushing all the buttons, trying to come to something, flying with his feet on the ground...

(thanks for the quiz Erin!)

1 comment:

  1. This is feeding into my Facebook page, so of course all the comments causing the bolds/strikeouts are going there.

    In fact, since I started having this feed into there I’ve had a distinct lack of comments local to blogger...

    ReplyDelete

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.