Friday, January 02, 2009

A whole new year

Happy new year everyone! I’m in Kitchener at J*&P&A’s again, as per usual. Lastnight was nice, we had people over to celebrate the new year (and I didn’t have any alcohol, what’s up with that?) but tonight we went to Steve & Sue’s – Steve kept me well-lubricated, Sue made some really fabulous food, and I had a fun card game with the parents too. Nice night.

reindeer candleabraOh yeah, so Christmas was really nice, I got some really nice presents and the parents liked what I gave them too, and my brother Dano was able to come home for a couple of days too, we got to hang out and relax, have good food (Mum’s cooking is the best, predictably).

This year Mum and I made sugar cookies for the first time in a long long time, and shortbread too, but they all went fast *grin* – oh, and after we had hot turkey sandwiches on Friday, Mum made Leftover Pie! Think Chicken Pot Pie, except in a huge casserole dish, with homemade pastry, and all the turkey and stuffing and gravy and mashed potatoes and peas in it, mmm… I had a big piece every day I was home, and if I was coming home before up to Kitchener I would have brought a bunch home with me! Favourite Xmas leftovers ever!

Danny explains the rules - againOn Saturday the boy came in and we went into St Catharines so I could exchange a couple of things (wrong size and duplicates) and I ended up buying myself a couple of shirts – and Luca actually told me I should, so there. We also went to see Mike and watched the Dr Who Xmas special for this year, which was a lot of fun – I was worried from the trailers for it, but it all turned out well, except I think they went way overboard with the… well, I won’t say in case you haven’t seen it yourself. And we played Settlers of Catan on his new board that he made himself, beautiful!

While I was home I also got to see Danny from Seattle and Tim from Vancouver again, which was really nice. I don’t see them except at Xmas when they come home to see their families, I want to go out to visit them sometime!

So yeah, on Tuesday morning Dad took me into St Catharines to get the bus to Hamilton and then through to Kitchener, no more rest for me! P picked me up and we took my stuff in, and J* and I immediately went out again to Janelle’s for lunch and then we all went to Winners and The Bay. Yep, shopping. Are you surprised? You shouldn’t be. Got a bunch of stuff I didn’t necessarily need but looked good on me and were on super sales, so there you go. Got back home, immediately went out again to go swimming at the most amazing indoor pool I’ve ever been in! It was all separated out into sections, and there was a cool ramp to walk down to enter the pool, and it wasn’t cold in any way – and then we soaked in the hot tub before leaving. Fast visit, we were there maybe an hour altogether? I was really tired after that, surprise…

Before the New Year’s Eve celebrations yesterday we brought Juliana with us to Old Navy, where I got my very first angora sweater – it’s the softest thing I’ve ever worn, I adore it! And really, painter pants for $5? How could I not? …then we went to the other Winners of course, I will not speak of that except to say we all did well. *grin*

Okay, I’m going to bed, I’ve monopolized P’s laptop for long enough…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.