Friday, March 11, 2011

Today is a good day

I’m having a pretty good day today. I’m not quite sure what it is, but I’m feeling positive about things and I’m much bubblier around the office than I have been for weeks (seriously, I’ve been a complete bitch here lately, stressy stressy stress). Possible reasons:
  • I actually got to put lines through two items on my task list this morning (seriously, you have no idea how good it feels until you’ve done it)
  • I’m finally getting somewhere with the enclosure for my sunroom
  • The weather, though slushy, is showing promise of Springtime around the corner
  • Even without makeup and with crap hair, I look pretty good today
  • My new pair of pants, which I thought would be too small, actually fits just right, and looks pretty good too
  • Lastnight, I tried on a shirt I’ve had in my closet for over a year and it finally fits and feels good, even though I’ve been lazy and haven’t been exercising
  • Project Figure Out What the Hell I Have in My Closet is progressing at a steady pace, and there’s a light at the end of the tunnel
  • I finally got paid for some freelance work I did last month
  • I’ve come to the realization that I am, in fact, good at my job – better than good, in fact – and other people are starting to recognize it
  • Even though I don’t see them as often as I’d like, I have some awesome friends
People are going to start asking what I’m on, maybe I should tone it down?

---

I also just want to say that I feel that, on some level, I must be a very evil person, to be feeling so awesome when Japan has just had the worst day imaginable. My heart goes out to them all. Al Jazeera has some great coverage going on, go check it out...

2 comments:

  1. cool post - glad things are... bouncier?
    my crotch and I fully support your lists and closet exploration strategy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely not evil...everyone needs to find the good where they can, and the more good you find, the more the good quotient of the world goes up in general. Good day away!

    ReplyDelete

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.