Friday, December 30, 2016

I owe what now?

My internet/phone/cable bill is not due for another 10 days but I thought I'd pay it now. Just went into it and they've charged me an extra $90 for going over my data limit by 60GB between Oct 21-Nov 20! I never got a warning - up to now, I always have got a warning when I was at 80% of my limit and another at 100% of my limit, but nothing!

I've logged onto their site, and now I see a new thing that says 'new, track your usage' - well that's not new, I've always had that ability - 'receive notifications' - again not new - but now 'choose data manager' and it's blank. SHADY BEHAVIOUR.

Checking now I see a notification in their system from November 3 and November 5 saying I'd hit my limit. I don't think I received those warnings. But even if I did, when I do receive those warnings I stop all but minimal activity from that point to the end of the billing period.

This means I used 60GB between November 5 and November 20. I don't see how that could have happened. I could see maybe 10GB.

I really don't get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.