Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Love it: TaoTronics Humidifier

The heating element on my old humidifier failed last week so I bought a new one! Meet my new baby from TaoTronics:

  • Super quiet, like I can't hear it at all if there's any music playing or I'm watching TV
  • Top fill, so no flipping the tank upside-down and hoping it doesn't leak
  • 6L capacity, more than double the old one
  • Choice of warm or cool mist (0-3 temp level) and three different mist strengths - and it seems like it's getting really hard to find a reasonably-priced warm mist humidifier now!
  • Auto shutoff when tank is low, which is a dealbreaker for me
  • Timer - not sure I'll use that, but I'm sure it's useful
  • Night mode (turns off the display light, which is pretty bright otherwise)
  • Programmable humidity level with auto shutoff when it is reached
  • Essential oil reservoir in the back (haven't tried it yet)
  • Remote control - again, not sure how much I'll use that

And it looks really quite nice. I filled it almost all the way (maybe 5.5L) just after 3pm and set it to high temp and mist level, and at that setting it emptied itself and shut off around 10:30, brought the level up from 14% to 29%! I think the display on the unit has a range, with 30% being the low end, so I've been looking at my old-school hygrometer for that for now.

And you know I love a deal. Initially I had tried to buy locally, and a few mishaps attempting to buy a Honeywell model, but once it was clear I'd need to go online I did a bit more research and decided I would splurge on this one via Amazon. At the time it was on there for $125, but there was one in the Warehouse section for $85 so I jumped on it. They warned about 'cosmetic damage' to the machine, but honestly I don't see any. I mean it needed to be cleaned out, it was clearly used, but who cares? Otherwise there was a tear in the top of the original box, but again who cares?

I am happy!

EDIT: And just to make me feel even better about my purchase, today (Feb 18/21) I went back on Amazon to see what's up, and the exact model brand new has shot up another $20 to $145, which if I'm being honest sounds kind of price gougey to me, especially since I think this is a discontinued model, since it's no longer on the TaoTronics website. I'm telling you, don't forget about the Warehouse deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.