Friday, November 21, 2008

ABC: the new FOX

It’s official - ABC won’t be picking up Pushing Daisies after the 13 from this season are done. And it’s going to end on a huge cliffhanger. Why? Low numbers. They’re avoiding using the C word because they don’t want to lose advertisers.

Do you think that maybe, oh, I don’t know, ADVERTISING THE DAMNED SHOW might have helped with that?? I only knew when it was coming back by scouring the online lists and keeping a schedule written down (yes, I’m a geek) - most people didn’t even know it came back, let alone when it would be airing!

What are they keeping? Looks like AFV, Wife Swap, Dancing With The Stars and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. The dumbing down of the average viewer continues.

And I’d stop watching ABC altogether, if it weren’t for Grey’s Anatomy (which is suddenly good again) and Lost. Oh, and Fringe, damn.

Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.