Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy 45th anniversary, Doctor Who!

Dr Who Darts!That’s right, 45 years ago today, BBC aired An Unearthly Child and started the longest running sci-fi TV show in history, introducing the world to Daleks, Cybermen and hiding behind the sofa. It made it past Mary Whitehouse’s campaigns, over-enthusiastic spring cleaners at BBC, and even Michael Grade’s cancellation in 1989 wasn’t permanent.

Anyway, to celebrate we had a special Tavern yesterday, complete with darts and trivia. More than 30 people showed up (that’s quite a number for us) and caroused for the better part of the afternoon and into the evening.

Oh, and in other news, I can finally wear my new bright white winter coat - I scotchgarded it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.