Friday, January 01, 2010

A new year... a new decade...

...a new Doctor! But I'm not watching that until Sunday, so no discussing it...

Anyway, my New Year's Eve was great, up in KW again at J*&P&A's house, generating new Jersey Shore names for us all (I'm apparently H-Cat) and playing Wii Sport Resort (I'm getting one soon, maybe today). And also discussing our favourite albums of the last decade.

I have a sucky memory, as you already know I'm sure, so I used my iPod to collect these. My list will likely alter once I've had more time to think about it, but here's an initial list of 25.

If I had to have a top, it's a split between:

Captain (This Is Hazelville)
and
Postal Service (Give Up)

The rest, in alpha order:

Belle & Sebastian (Dear Catastrophe Waitress)
Belle & Sebastian (The Life Pursuit)
Broken Social Scene (You Forgot It In People)
Camera Obscura (Let's Get Out Of This Country)
Covenant (United States Of Mind)
Covenant (Northern Lights)
Death Cab For Cutie (Transatlanticism)
Editors (The Back Room)
Feist (Let It Die)
Fiery Furnaces (EP)
Flight Of The Conchords (I Told You I Was Freaky)
Franz Ferdinand (Franz Ferdinand)
Gresham Flyers (Sex With Strangers)
Sondre Lerche (Two-Way Monologue)
The Puppini Sisters (The Rise And Fall Of Ruby Woo)
Sing-Sing (The Joy Of Sing-Sing)
William Shatner (Has Been) (that's right. Deal.)
Sloan (A-Sides Win) (yes, it's a collection, too bad - it's great)
Tegan & Sara (So Jealous)
They Might Be Giants (No!)
They Might Be Giants (Here Come The ABCs)
They Might Be Giants (The Else)
Amy Winehouse (Back To Black)

Some others, no particular order:

Sondre Lerche (Faces Down)
Rufus Wainwright (Poses)
Regina Spektor (Sounds)
Mirah (Advisory Committee) (on the strength of two tracks, even...)
Camera Obscura (Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi)
Delgados (Hate)
Flight Of The Conchords (Folk The World Tour)
Hidden Cameras (The Smell Of Our Own)
Regina Spektor (Soviet Kitsch)
Amy Winehouse (Frank)
Camera Obscura (Underachievers Please Try Harder)
Tiger Lilies (The Gorey End)
Interpol (Antics)
Frausdots (Couture, Couture, Couture)
Rush (Feedback ep)
Modest Mouse (Good News For People Who Love Bad News)
Kasabian (Kasabian)
Hidden Cameras (Mississauga Goddamn)
They Might Be Giants (The Spine)
Decemberists (The Tain)
Kate Bush (Aerial)
Kings Of Convenience (Riot On An Empty Street)
Broken Social Scene (Broken Social Scene)
Decemberists (Picaresque)
Death Cab For Cutie (Plans)
Stars (Set Yourself On Fire)
Regina Spektor (Begin To Hope)
Sondre Lerche & The Faces Down Quartet (The Duper Sessions)
Braces Tower (Pasteism)
The Puppini Sisters (Betcha Bottom Dollar)
Flight Of The Conchords (The Distant Future)
Camera Obscura (My Maudlin Career)
Rasputina (Lost & Found)

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.