Thursday, February 04, 2016

Swapping quotes

Noel Murray wrote about Buckaroo Banzai.

"...for a large number of people, much of the fun of being a movie-lover is swapping quotes with like-minded fans. Dropping a Life Of Brian or Big Lebowski reference in the right situation, surrounded by the right people, extends the communal quality of moviegoing outside the confines of a theater."

Perfectly put. Sometimes I listen to myself, to how much of my daily dialogue consists of quotes, and I worry that I don't know how to actually talk to people. And then I think about how the people who really get me respond in kind, and I relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.