Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Emergency clothes

Darts was cancelled tonight due to the crap weather we're having, so I came home and went through the jeans I have left after going through them lastnight. Put another five pair in the donation bag, folded the rest and put them away. I still think I have twice as many as I should though.

And I discovered a stash of another five pair.

I'm having trouble getting past the 'useful and they fit' stage to the 'spark joy' stage, I just don't feel it.

When you're bigger and your size fluctuates, you start to amass 'emergency' clothes, for when you're too big for everything you want to wear, and eventually they make up the bulk of your wardrobe. Not much of what I wear could be described as 'sparking joy' for me. Not counting accessories like shoes, purses, and coats - I definitely have favourites there, but I can't go out in the world with a coat and nothing underneath every day, can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.