Sunday, February 03, 2019

Where did my bed go?

So yesterday I started the KonMari in earnest, by pulling out all of the clothing in the drawers, hanging on rods, and piled up clean in the laundry baskets, and I stacked them all on the bed - separated by pants, skirts, tops, dresses, and cardigans. It’s rather daunting to see it all at once, I knew I had far more clothing then I needed but it really does make a difference seeing it all together like this.

I could not spend the entire day today working on this, however, as I had previous plans that took up half of the day, and also left me with a sore back. But I did get a start on sorting through some of the clothing, I’ve now gone through about half of the tops and have another full garbage bag of clothing to give to charity, with a number of tops hanging and a drawer full of tops folded and put away. I believe that once I have finished going through the clothing, I may be able to come back to these hanging and folded shirts and whittle them down even more.

Unfortunately, I also have a “maybe“ pile of tops, most of which consist of gig shirts. I have always wanted to create a T-shirt quilt out of my old concert shirts that no longer fit, so I really would like to hang onto these shirts until I have time to do that. My dilemma is, knowing how lazy I can be, I don’t know when I will actually get to this project - so am I just lying to myself?

Because my place is small and I can’t really pile this clothing anywhere other than my bed, last night I slept on the couch, and will again tonight. This should be fun, getting up for work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.