Monday, January 28, 2019

The coming purge

I know the trick is to do everything exactly as Marie Kondo says, in the order given, but with the available space in my home severely limited - I have no storage locker so everything from my last place is all stored in every available area, making for a very crowded space that I think will need to be tackled in two stages rather than as a whole - I have decided a little prep-work is necessary.

I think to go full-on KonMari with the first step - clothes - I will need to have at least a couple of days straight where they can be piled on my bed, which is the only place in my home it will be feasible to try this, so it will have to wait until I have a weekend.

But I wanted to get a little jump on it, so tonight I began a pre-sort, starting with the clothes hanging in the laundry room. I've pulled things out I could make an immediate 'get rid of it' judgement on and put them aside to fill a garbage bag to go to the SallyAnn. I didn't do the 'hold each item' thing at this stage, just a quick yes/no for now. All the immediate 'no's are going.

(One of the things going is a German army issued wool winter coat that I loved for a long time, but realize it can go with no regrets. OK I admit I did hold it and think on it for a little bit. Honestly, besides the fact that it's just not the style I want anymore, it reminds me of the Seven Year Jerk, and ain't nobody got time for that shit.)

When I am able to start in earnest and tackle all of my clothing together, I think I will be able to cut the clothes currently in this room down by another half at least, and hopefully that will translate across to the rest of my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.